COVERAcreditationISSNE-ISSNP-ISSNPEOPLE Editorial Board Peer-Reviewers Contact UsJOURNAL POLICIES Editorial Policies Focus and Scope Peer Review Policies Section Policies Peer Review Process Publication Frequency Open Access Policy Anti-plagiarism Policy Internal Policy Journal Scientific Statement Ref. Management Software Manuscript Flow Publication Ethics Copyright NoticeSUBMISSIONAuthor Guidelines Manuscript Template Online SubmissionsTutorial Submissions Manuscript Flow Publication FeeOTHER INFORMATIONAbstracting and IndexingJECED's Archiving JECED's DocumentsBecome a Reviewer TOOLSSTATISTIC COLLABORATE WITHSPONSORED MEMBERSHARE THIS
- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Anti-plagiarism Policy
- Internal Policy
- Journal Scientific Statement
- Reference Management Software
- JECED's Documents
Focus and Scope
The journal Early childhood education and development is available free of charge (open access) to all readers. JECED articles include development and research in early childhood, including:
Early childhood education programs
- Early childhood curriculum
- Early childhood learning strategies
- Early childhood learning media
- Innovations in early childhood education
- Management of early childhood education
- Assessment of early childhood development
- Early childhood environmental empowerment
- Multiple intelligence early childhood
- Inclusive early childhood education
Early Childhood Development
- Development of moral and religious values in early childhood
- Early childhood physical motor development
- Early childhood social emotional development
- Early childhood cognitive development
- Early childhood language development
- The development of art and creativity in early childhood
- Early childhood care
Comments and Criticism
Peer Review Process
The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor. It will be evaluated in the office, whether it is suitable for Journal of JECED : Journal of Early Childhood Education and Development focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw and similiarity score by using Turnitin. The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers (Double Blind Peer Review). Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses.
The suggested decision will be evaluated in an editorial board meeting. Afterwards, the editor will send the final decision to the corresponding author. Utilizing feedback from the peer review process, the Editor will make a final publication decision. The review process will take approximately 4 to 12 weeks. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to Journal of JECED : Journal of Early Childhood Education and Development.
- Resubmit for Review– The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept wtih Revisions - Manuscripts receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in Journal of JECED : Journal of Early Childhood Education and Development. under the condition that minor/major modifications are made. Revisions will be reviewed by an editor to ensure necessary updates are made prior to publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form with no further modifications required.
JECED Journal (Journal of Early Childhood Educaton and Development) - Journal of Early Childhood Research and its development - is a peer-reviewed journal managed by the Early Childhood Islamic Education study program, State Islamic University of Surabaya and published by the State Islamic University of Surabaya. JECED is published periodically (twice a year) in June and December, with 7-10 articles published in each issue.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides direct open access to its content on the principle that research articles are freely available to the public supporting greater global knowledge exchange. All articles published on JECED are open access under a Creative Commons license : Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All articles submitted to JECED must be the original work of the author (free from plagiarism). Articles submitted have never been in any media and / or are not currently or will be posted in any media. The author is responsible for the authenticity of the submitted manuscript. All incoming manuscripts will be checked for authenticity to prevent plagiarism by using Turnitin up to 25%, anti-plagiarism software. Any high-level plagiarism will be banned (temporarily to permanently).
Editors, reviewers, and proofreaders from JECED are permitted to submit articles in this journal under the following conditions:
- JECED editors and reviewers who submit articles to this journal are not temporarily involved in the editorial process (especially in their manuscripts) starting from the moment of submitting the article. This policy enters into article publication decisions (accepted without revision, received with minor revisions, received with major revisions, or rejected) at least 1
- JECED editors and reviewers who submit articles are not permitted to interfere in the editorial process of the edition / number when the article is submitted to JECED.
- Each editorial process will be carried out by other editors, peer reviewers until the next process.
- There is no special treatment for JECED editors and reviewers who submit articles to JECED.
Journal Scientific Statement
The articles published in JECED scientifically follow the scientific publication code of ethics. The code of ethics itself upholds three ethical values in publications, namely, (1) Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in publication management); (2) Justice (granting authorship rights to recipients as authors); and (3) Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, forgery, and plagiarism) in publications. Published articles also follow certain procedures or orders, such as double blind reviews and a revision process that is consistent with regular journal reviews, to ensure that they are of good quality.
References Management Software
All articles submitted to JECED must use reference management software (e.g., Mendeley, EndNote, and Zotero) APA citation style.
JECED is stored in various digital archives to ensure long-term digital preservation. These archives include :